Monday, June 1, 2009

Planning for the Journey
















After reading several interesting sites and blogs, I have decided to start getting prepared for Z-Day.

With the news of the fast spreading H1N1 virus, it was demostrated that we do not have the capability to contain a virus as such, yes, it is a given that the virus was not as deadly as most people assumed, never the less, its infection rate was very good for a "test". Now imagine if a mad scientist or evolution itself decides to take this one or two steps ahead making this an "rise from your grave" prion! (Infectious proteins which infection rate is almost impossible to stop or prevent) and we have the Zarmageddon.

That is why, in the following days I will prepare a plan on the activities and themes I shall execute and research for my purpose.

As for now, I will now leave you, readers, with a preliminary list:

* Physical Fitness Goals which include:
- Being able to sustain continued sprint-mode speed for more than 30 minutes.
- Being able to carry/and run with at least 30 pounds for more than 15 minutes.
- Learning Yoga for flexibility and Judo for personal defense (To throw/dodge those attacking zeds)
- Being able to life myself into high places (cross a high-fence, get to a roof)
- Learn how to tumble.

* Research Goals which include:
- How to create and maintain my own small farm (tomatoes, potatoes, etc.)
- Creating a bug out pack. (In case of emergency)
- How to maintain essentials like knives, purified water, survival gear, etc.
- Make a map of points of interest within 50 miles of where I live.
- First Aid procedures- Learn on edible/dangerous U.S. wild flora and fauna.
- Learn about "on the fly" medical procedures on common types of injuries.
- Research and obtain a low-maintenance ranged weapon.

I'll add more to the list as I go along.
The list above was made from topics "out of the top of my head".

No comments:

Post a Comment