Thursday, June 11, 2009

Pandemic and Vaccination.


Today, the WHO announced that the H1N1 virus to be a global pandemic and virtually "unstoppable". Meaning that no matter what, every country around the globe will eventually get it.

It took a little more than 2 months from being spread from Mexico to everywhere. The H1N1 virus was transmitted passivly through infection, someone coughed or sneezed close to you, you might get it. You could also get it if you touched an infected surface and then touched your eyes, nose or mouth. 2 months it took to go completly global. Given, the virus is not that fatal and I dont think countries have took aggressive methods to stop the spread of infection.

Imagine now the Zapoc.. how fast would it spread? I'd say 2 weeks, transmission would essentially be the same as above with the side effect of infected people actually trying to kill you! Couple that with global panic, and you got anarchy, chaos and armageddon. Two Out of Three of my favorite words.

As for a H1N1 vaccine, they say that they are almost have one finished.

I leave this question to you, my loyal readers, how ready do you think your govemerment will be in case the zapoc happens? Will they be able to fight it aggresively? Can they contain it?

7 comments:

  1. I can confidently say, that if the zapoc happened and spread over here, our government and entire population (par the ready ones) will die within days. 100% certain on this.

    Our government is old fashioned. They wouldn't actually BELIEVE the zapoc was happening even when members of their chambers were being eaten in the old, antique hallways of their government building. Most of them are over the age of 50, anyway, so to be honest, don't have the stamina or strength to stay alive. Bye Bye, government. Our island is so tiny it will spread faster than wild fire.

    I think I'll start gathering more pictures/maps of places on this rock in which I can hole-up in until I have enough man power to start ripping through the 59thousand odd Z's wandering round our little roads ha-ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I say, chap, do you really intend to eat that fellow? I know he's a Barrister, but it's still dreadfully rude, wouldn't you say? You certainly won't look at me like that, I'll fine you for being a public nuisance! Don't come any closer, or I'll ring security..AHHHHH!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha ^^

    Yes, I agree with staying put until a good band of survivors comes to pick me up.

    I read somewhere that the U.S. goverment does have a plan against zombie invasion.

    I'll see if I can find out more about it, if I do, I'll make a post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will gladly lead a team of surivors to *hopefully* safety, it just depends on whether or not they will actually listen to me..

    Also, Eostre, you just nailed our local government on the head, completely! They'll be trying to yell at the Z's to stop rioting and act civilized and will probably blame "todays youth" for starting it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks!~ Welcome to my blog, I hope you do enjoy. Where do you got the link from this blog anyway? Just curious which one of my posts in which forum got me another reader ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i got here googling "zombie pandemic" i recently watched 28 days later and i realized that could happen like any minute

    ReplyDelete